IB English Tutor
At Easy Sevens, our goal is to help students reach their full potential in IB English. With our team of experienced and qualified IB English tutors, you’ll receive the expert guidance and support you need to succeed in the program. Whether you’re just starting the IB DP and need help selecting the right English course or want to master challenging language, literature, and writing skills, we have you covered. Learn more about how our IB English tutor in Hong Kong can help you achieve your goals.
Available IB English courses for tutoring:
- IB English A Language and Literature (SL/HL)
- IB English A Literature (SL/HL)
Major Challenges of The IB English Program
The IB English Program presents significant challenges for students, particularly in the transition from MYP or IGCSE to IBDP English. One of the main hurdles is the need to write well-structured essays within a limited timeframe and to analyze texts in detail, especially in their sociopolitical context, to score the highest mark. This is where the role of IB English tutors becomes vital. One-on-one tutoring with experienced and qualified IB English tutors can help students develop the necessary skills and content awareness to excel in this subject. By offering tailored instruction, these tutors can assist students in overcoming their individual weaknesses and mastering the art of formal writing.
IB English Individual Oral Tutor Can Help
The Individual Oral (IO) component of the IB English Program is another significant challenge that students face. Often, students do not realize the importance of treating their IO presentation as a formal examination, which leads to unpolished and unrehearsed deliveries that do not reflect their true abilities. IB English tutors can provide valuable assistance in preparing students for this critical assessment by teaching them the necessary exam preparation strategies and exam-taking skills. Through formal feedback and guidance, IB English tutors can help students identify their weaknesses and score high marks in the IO.
Limited Opportunities to Formal Feedback
Another challenge that students encounter in IB English is the limited opportunities to receive formal feedback from teachers or tutors before major assessments. This lack of guidance can lead to students struggling with individual issues and finding it difficult to navigate the complexities of the curriculum. However, IB English tutors can help students overcome these obstacles and develop their skills, content awareness, and critical thinking abilities through personalized instruction. By assisting students in navigating these challenges, IB English tutors can ensure that students achieve their full potential and succeed in this rigorous program.
Contact us now to get a FREE consultation on your IB English needs
IB English courses available: IB English Language and Literature SL/HL, IB English Literature SL/HL
The Easy Sevens Method for IB English Tutoring
At Easy Sevens, we offer top-notch IB English tutoring services to students around the world and especially in Hong Kong. Our experienced tutors are trained in the International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum and have a proven track record of helping students excel in this challenging subject.
We understand that each student has unique needs and learning styles. That’s why we provide personalized tutoring sessions that are tailored to the individual needs of each student. Our one-on-one tutoring sessions are conducted online, making them convenient and accessible for students anywhere in the world.
Our IB English tutors cover a wide range of topics, including language analysis, literary devices, essay structure, and exam preparation. We also offer specialized tutoring for IB English Paper 1 and 2, IB English Written Task, and IB English Oral Exam. Our tutors are also skilled in English Language Acquisition (ELA), and can help students improve their language proficiency.
We understand that IB English exams can be stressful and overwhelming. That’s why we provide comprehensive exam preparation services to help students feel confident and prepared for their exams. We provide practice tests, exam tips, and strategies for managing exam anxiety. We also review past exam papers and analyze common pitfalls and mistakes to help students avoid them.
Extended Essay Tutoring
As part of the IB Diploma Program, students are required to complete an Extended Essay on a topic of their choice. Our tutors are well-versed in the IB Extended Essay guidelines and can provide guidance and support throughout the essay writing process. We help students develop a research question, conduct research, and structure their essay.
Approaches to Learning (ATLs) for IB English
In addition to teaching subject-specific content, we also focus on developing Approaches to Learning (ATLs) for IB English. These skills are essential for academic success and include critical thinking, communication, research, and time management. We provide guidance and support to help students develop these skills, which will serve them well in college and beyond.
Language and Literature SL
- Paper 1: Guided Textual Analysis – 75 minutes long, 35% of total grade. Consists of two non-literary passages, from two different text types, each accompanied by a question. Students choose one passage and write an analysis of it. The maximum mark is 20.
- Paper 2: Comparative Essay – 105 minute long, worth 35% of the final grade. Consists of four general questions. In response to one question students write a comparative essay based on two works studied in the course. The maximum mark is 30.
- Internal Assessment: Individual Oral – 30% of final grade. Supported by an extract from one non-literary text and one from a literary work, students will offer a prepared response of 10 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of questions by the teacher, to the following prompt: Examine the ways in which the global issue of your choice is presented through the content and form of two of the texts that you have studied. The maximum mark is 40.
Language and Literature HL
- Paper 1: Guided textual Analysis: 135 minutes long, 35% of final grade. The paper consists of two non-literary passages, from two different text types, each accompanied by a question. Students write an analysis of each of the passages. The maximum mark is 40.
- Paper 2: Comparative Essay – 105 minute long, worth 25% of the final grade. Consists of four general questions. In response to one question students write a comparative essay based on two works studied in the course. The maximum mark is 30.
- HL essay – Coursework, worth 20% of final grade. students submit an essay on one non-literary text or a collection of non-literary texts by tbe same author, or a literary text or work studied during the course. The maximum mark is 20. The essay must be 1,200-1,500 words in length.
- Internal assessment: Individual oral: 20% of final grade. Supported by an extract from both one non-literary text and one from a literary work, students will offer a prepared response of 10 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of questions by the teacher, to the following prompt: Examine the ways in which the global issue of your choice is presented through the content and form of two of the works that you have studied. The maximum mark is 40.